Irresistible by Danielle J. Hurd

I grew up with dachsunds and still have a soft spot for them. I got Samantha, a short-haired black and tan, for my 4th birthday. She went all the way to college with me and died my junior year. Funny thing--the one picture of her that sticks in my head I must have taken when I was still a young child, as Sam is wearing a baby bonnet. About two months after Sam died, my mom surprised me with Boca, a little short-haired red. I had to have her put down in late 1999, at 15 years old...one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. I stayed in the doctor's office with her and held her until she breathed her last breath. This little gal here looks just like her. Painted by Danielle J Hurd, she's titled "Irresistible". I agree; she is irresistible. See more of Danielle's work at Studio 1212 here.

Like this post? Click here to sign up for free weekly email reminders.

No comments: